Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Linggo ng Wika Celebration

Last Friday, the pre-school department of St. John's Wort Montessori celebrated the Linggo ng Wika with a program. Students from nursery, prep and kinder had their own presentation. Parents were asked to bring food and beverages for a "mini party" after the program. Philip and I were on leave that day. We just brought crema de fruta from Goldilocks since we don't have time to prepare or cook something for that day since the call time is at 9am. We brought JM along and we went to school together with my dad. My mom was not able to come since my nephew has a fever that time.

Upon arrival, Kaila was very clingy again. She was starting to cry when I told her that mommy won't leave. The children stayed in a separate classroom wherein they were provided with activities while waiting for their turn to perform. I was constantly talking to Kaila and ask her to dance well so that Lolo and Dada will be happy. Eventually, she got at ease but I was on her side all the time. When it's time to perform, I was with her all throughout the line and formation. I just stayed in front so that she can see me while she's performing the itik-itik. I told her that mommy will dance as well.

Of course, I was so nervous thinking if Kaila will perform if front of a lot of people. The music started and so Kaila started to dance as well. She knows the steps very well. Kaila was dancing very well! I'm such a proud mommy!

Here are some pictures I have taken during the event.

Kaila with a smile after the tantrums . . .

Kaila doing some coloring and writing . . .

Kaila and JM inside the classroom . . .

It was unfortunate they were not asked to wear a Filipiniana costume . . . I would love to see her in a terno . . .

Go Kaila !

Kaila in the center of the stage . . .

Hand in hand with my friends . . .

Dada tought her how to smile after this event . . .

The itik-itik move . . .

Kaila and her loveteam in class

Philip and I are so proud of Kaila and JM. We know that both will go a long way. We are already looking forward to the next big event in school. The halloween party. The hunting for the best costume begins . . .

No comments: