Monday, February 16, 2009

My Valentine Treats . . .

Hubby never fails to give me white roses on Valentine's day. It is usually delivered to our office that's why my officemates were expecting it last Friday. When they reminded it to me, a part of me was somehow expecting it too. But come 4pm and there were no flowers. hu hu hu . . .

Hubby and I will be meeting in Paseo to have our dinner there. I came in first and bought him a Havainas flip flops as my Valentine gift. I spent the rest of my time in National bookstore where I left my gift in the package counter. He texted me that there was a heavy traffic. It was almost 7pm when he came. He was pulling me towards the exit at the back but my gift was in package counter in front. I asked him to go the other way and as we are nearing the exit I handed to him the number tag for him to get the package himself. I immediately went out and looked at him while he was going out. He was so happy and surprised for my gift. It is seldom that I surprise him with a gift. he he he . . . It is usually him that surprises me with gifts . . .

We went out afterwards and we're on the lookout for a venue for our dinner date. We passed by Poquito Mas and we are not satisfied with the buffet selection so we looked for other restos in the area. We ended up in Fastuarant which specializes in Italian cuisine. They also have their buffet which consists of pastas, chicken in different sauces, fish fillets, mussels, pizza and a lot more. Their buffet is only P299 which is inclusive of one round of ice tea, soup and a dessert. Another good find for us! We enjoyed our dinner and I almost forgot about the flowers already. :)

Hubby asked me if I wanted to have coffee in Starbucks. I declined since I'm so full already. We just went around for a stroll and watched the live concert in the activity area in Paseo. We were about to call it a night at 10pm. While on our way home already, hubby asked me if I wanted to go to Tagaytay. Of course I said yes.

It was hubby's first time to drive all the way up to Tagaytay by himself. Unfortunately, I didn't bring our camera so we have no proof that we actually went to Tagaytay. We just went to Starbucks and hang out for a while. We didn't have our jackets that's why both of us were freezing in the cold winds of Tagaytay. We ended up our night at exactly 12 midnight.

When we arrived home, hubby took a while before he was able to get inside the house. When he came in he was with the bouquet of flowers already! This time he personally handed to me the flowers plus chocolates this time. My Valentine's day is finally complete. :)


My bouquet of white roses . . .

My bouquet with chocolates this time . . .

No comments: