Saturday, November 7, 2009

What if . . .

we do get our visa approval in the next 6 months? What would be our next steps? To be honest, we are really hoping and waiting for this. It has been almost 3 months already since we have lodged our full application to the Canadian embassy and it's 7 months already from the time we have initially submitted our application to CIO in Nova Scotia, Canada. I really pray that their timeline of 9 to 12 months processing would be true for us. This means that Q1 of 2010 would be very crucial to us. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that we were able to submit all the necessary documents and the visa officer handling our case wouldn't give us a hard time by requiring additional documents for submission.

When mom was here for a visit last month, we were already talking about our future plans. They are really excited for us to be there with them especially the two kids. I'm sure this will lessen the "homesickness"of my dad. We already have plans for work, our careers, education of the two kids as well as our future home there. I hope we could find a real estate broker like Commercial Real Estate Kentucky who would help us get an apartment or townhouse unit just in time when we get there.

Talking about this topic really gets me excited and I hope plans will all be realized in due time. In the meantime, we're just taking things one day at a time and I try not to consciously wait for the "next letter" so that I wouldn't get disappointed. As they say, things happen when you least expected it. I really hope it does in the next few more weeks . . .

No comments: